Saturday 3 December 2011

VFS - Its what you make of it.

When I was in VFS, I noticed there were 3 kinds of students. Ones who just didn’t have the eye and didn’t really give it the effort needed to succeed. Students who literally worked non-stop till there bodies shut down not allowing them to learn in a healthy way. And the smart ones who dedicated there lives to this one year goal on getting a good demo reel to send them into a great career. I knew Remo, and I believe him to be a great guy, very talented. But i remember he had some stressful times at VFS, no sleep, late nights, which lead him to see this negative atmosphere he described. Most of us have been through all this aswell, but its up to us on how we deal with it.

VFS was one of the best years of my life, thanks to VFS and most of its staff, I am doing what I love today! VFS is like most other schools in that it is not perfect, and yes it was very expensive. But these days, money can only do so much, even if it is $50,000. Software licenses, hardware, staff payroll… It all adds up! I am glad they were able to provide us with all of this. And to be honest, the building was like being in a comfortable office. Describing the building as run down and dilapidated is a bit much. But taking into consideration all the other schools, I am happy with the choice I made. VFS is like life, its what you make of it.

Adam Vorous
11.21.09

http://www.artschoolreviews.ca/reviews/vancouver-film-school/3d-animation-visual-effects/a-risky-investment