Saturday 3 December 2011

VFS

VFS has a bad reputation because some people who go there had problems with it. Kevin Smith, of Clerks fame, dropped out of VFS because he thought it was a waste of time.

That was a long time ago, even before I took one course at VFS in 1996.

But I know people who went there more recently and have complaints about it. I'll collect some of their thoughts and post them for you.

One problem I know of - they take a lot of foreign students just for their money, just push them through the system and don't bother with them much. So you get these guys from Hong Kong who do nothing but talk on their cell phones all day supposedly "making deals" and end up being dead weight in a learning environment.

You still might want to go to VFS. I'm not gonna trash it outright. But you want to get as much info as you can on a place before you enroll.

http://www.kult-rpg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3859